Fathom - Way to go


A bear can be a lazy thing, I sometimes struggle to muster the energy to go delving into blogs and websites to find good places to eat, drink or great things to go and see. There's just so much rubbish out there, so when I came across 'Fathom' I was happy as can be, there is something easy out there after all. First of all, don't have any clue about where to go? Don't worry Fathom will tell you, just click on some of the categories that you're interested in and await the results. 



Well I know where I want to go... Berlin! so here are some of my best picks. First of all is a bar in  'Mitte' the historical centre of the city. 'King Size' is described on Fathom as 'a tiny bar, an even tinier dance floor, where a polished crowd, inspired by good music, is determined to keep the party going until the sun rises.' I wonder if they allow bears in such a small space? King Size Bar


Second of my picks is 'Eckbert Zwo' a cheap place in the Kruezberg part of the city. Eckbert Zwo is the perfect tavern for homespun flammkuchen (German-style pizza), schnitzel, kraut, the works. Eckbert Zwo


and my last pick from the Fathom website, although there are many more than these!... 'Do you read me?!'A magazine-phile dream. Super comprehensive magazine store. Floor-to-ceiling shelves of magazines, quarterly journals, small-run periodicals in fashion, photography, design. Hard-to-find monthlies, local newbies, with titles like Gentlewoman, Purple Fashion, 80*81, Pin-Up, Achtung, Granta, The Weekender. in English and German. Basically more than you can carry in a van let alone your tote shopper. Do you read me?!






1 comment: